Sunday, July 05, 2009

11 and it still hurts ...

Dad, I sit here staring at the monitor as I key in the words that's going through my mind. Thoughts...silence....thoughts...silence...sadness...silence...tears...

Well, it does seems like the past 11 years still feels very much like the present. I have so many things to say to you, so many... I miss you Father, greatly and deeply. There will always be this void in my heart, it's been there since you left.

Dad - Eleven


I miss hearing your laughter
I miss seeing your smile
I miss talking to you
I miss cuddling up next to you
I miss the sight of you ...

I MISS YOU

When you love someone, love them with all your heart. Let them know that you do and cherish each and every day. Should that someone ever leave your side, at least you can tell yourself that you have truly loved them even if you don't get a chance to say goodbye. Don't ever take people and things for granted ... Go on, tell someone that you love them!

7 comments:

ilene said...

WMW, I know how hurt you are. People say over time, we'll be healed. But does it?

P/s: That's a gorgeous way of posting your dad's photo on the wall!

Precious Pea said...

It's certainly not easy to get over death of loved ones and yes, we should cherish those beside us now...I just said "I love you" to all my Ps at home.

Babe_KL said...

*hugs*

foodbin said...

we must show our love to them when they are alive not the way round.

HairyBerry said...

hope you are feeling better now. take care ya! :D

wmw said...

Thanks, everyone...

Rasa Malaysia said...

I miss my father, too. Was in Penang a few weeks ago for 3 days and went to see him and my mother at the Temple. They are side-by-side now...