- Get a surprise! Meeting up with relatives and still amazed to see "new" additions to the family tree even though it happens year after year.
- Get acquainted/re-acquainted and bonding time with new and old friends over more food and activities that mostly involved decks of playing cards and mahjong tiles :o). Hahaha...no pics for this one!
- Get a delight in seeing how cute some kids are and how they are becoming even cuter day by day (year by year)!
- Get a reality check by being reminded of my "real" age as my once little cousins/nieces/nephews left their childhood days behind and entered adulthood as their over 6 foot frame hover over shorty me.
- Get an overdose of "Yee Sang", but it's always a welcome "fix" during this lunar new year period.
Get an overdose of "Yee Sang"....Oh, sorry...I have said that!
- Get to drive (or sit right in the middle!) on traffic free roads - which sadly as you read this, would be back to the horrendous traffic snarl as we all have come to know and abhor during peak hours especially but yet surrender ourselves to it daily, defeated even before we start our car!
- Get your pets to join in the festivity ... if one can't bear to "ridicule" their furry love ones to don a typical Chinese outfit, one can always make do with a red ribbon or bandanna!
- Get to eat & eat and what more certain food for sure like steamboat and popiah (fresh spring roll) that is usually the standard Lunar New Year fare
- Get some time off for activities with my nephews like messing up the dining table as we decorated cupcakes however we liked! From Gollum to Madonna's bustier to tic tac toe...it was madness! Hahaha...