Monday, October 18, 2010

"Kolok Mee" In Town

(NON-HALAL)

It was a really busy week and over the weekend, there was a visitor in town ... who hails from Miri, Sarawak.  We had a great time catching up and his visit had reminded me about some pics I had taken of Kolok Mee.  While I have not been to Sarawak since 2007 (was in Kuching for the Rainforest Music Festival), I was fortunate enough to be one of the recipients of some packed and air flown Kolok Mee from Miri.

*pics taken with Sony Ericsson W995
Packed & air flown Kolok Mee!
This was great potent stuff ... with added oil from the char siew "BBQ pork" (thus the red colour looking noodles) and having marinated in all that saucy goodness overnight, the Kolok Mee tasted heavenly. The char siew were mediocre stuff though.  However, I do believe that the Kolok Mee from Miri tasted even better than the ones I had in Kuching.  I am sure someone definitely agrees with me. You know who you are, don't you? ;o)

Kolok Mee from Miri
Well, apart from it being my turn to visit you over in Miri - it's also the Kolok Mee that's drawing me there.  Soon, one day soon, I'll meet you (yes, you...and the Kolok Mee, hahaha) on your home turf :o)

Till then....Take care & I'll see you soon,


WMW



5 comments:

WP said...

I think it depends on the stall where you have it.. The last time we had some random kolok mee in Miri, it tasted so bad I couldn't even finish it..

jason said...

That's very red of the noodles! Sigh... miss miss miss the kolok mee badly.

Kenny Mah said...

I have to say I agree with you. Was in both Kuching and Miri last week and the Miri version tasted a tad better... :)

But maybe it's just the stall?

wmw said...

Tummy Rumble : I guess so, but Miri usually gets more votes from the feedback I gathered.

Jason : Yes, yes...here can't find one that meets the mark.

LFB : Unless we're eating from the same stall??? Hehehe...

Kok said...

WMW,

No doubt, Miri Kolok Mee is a thumb up! :D

You've to come to Miri to taste the fresh one!

Take care... :)