Saturday, October 22, 2011

Testing Android Photography Apps - HDR Camera on Super Kitchen Chilli Pan Mee

Just a quick post today...I've been checking out the Photography Apps from the Android Market.  I've bought a few but there are loads of free apps in the Market that are rather good.  One of the free apps that I would recommend is the HDR Camera app. The HDR Camera App takes three consecutive shots at different ISO settings, merges them for stronger colours, depth and clarity.   But of course, you obviously have to try to be still while the three shots are being taken, so you will need to have steady hands. I have done some brightness/contrast adjustments to the photo below but the clarity part of the pic is what I would like to emphasise on.  Would you have known that this shot came from a phone's camera if I didn't tell you?


 Super Kitchen Chilli Pan Mee, Kota Damansara (tastes better than the SS2 branch).  Taken with HTC Sensation using the HDR Camera app (with some post editing).

I have to admit that I've been using my HTC Sensation phone to take photos of food nowadays.  I only use my DSLR when I'm doing a proper/official food review cos it's a lot easier and simpler using the phone's camera. While of course, it might still not be able to deliver shots like pics from a DSLR, I find that the HDR Camera app does a pretty good job...don't you think so?  This is just but one of the few HDR apps around.  Camera 360 has this option too with two selections; HDR Light and HDR Heavy which works just as well too.  It takes just one shot and changes the settings.  However, while this is a simpler one shot HDR app, the processed photo is only available in a much lower resolution.  Take your pick and pic, whatever it is...these are sure great additions to pushing the phone's camera limit further; especially when one doesn't have a camera in hand.  Have fun most of all...I just love all the phone photography apps.  I'll be blogging more on such apps in the near future. 



No comments: