Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Robson Heights Seafood Restaurant, Kuala Lumpur

(NON-HALAL)

It has been awhile since I last did dinner with The Flogger Sistas and when I eventually met up with them, it was a night of great company and of course glorious food! Precious Pea picked me up and drove to Robson Heights - thanks for always driving me around at night as you fear for my life (and yours should I be driving you instead!) due to my history of loss vision from the retina detachment episode I had :o).

After taking a wrong turn (sorry, I wasn't of much help since I'm hopeless with road directions and I had only been here once before and that was eons ago!), we manage to find our way after making several calls to Boo_licious and it turns out that it was rather easy to find as Robson Heights Seafood Restaurant is located quite near to the main road. Arriving there, Lyrical Lemongrass , Paprika and Boo were already there. After complimenting one another on how great we look with our recent new hairstyles (hehe...our girlie talk - it's been quite awhile) we proceeded to order. How did we go about that? Simple....just go with whatever is printed on their wet towel packet!

Menu - Wet Towel Packet

Errr....we couldn't have possibly ordered everything that was printed (there were 6 of us - Paprika's cousin arrived shortly after the food was served) and we chose a few. We were hungry and excited, anticipating the arrival of the goodies till we suddenly realised that we didn't order any vege dish and decided to leave it as that as we had definitely ordered enough. Whether we chose well and good or not, read on...I would like to point out that the photos are not too clear or taken at a bad angle as I shot them in a hurry - we were hungry and we didn't want to eat cold food as there were four of us taking pics and I couldn't take my time as usual!

Baked Spare Ribs in Honey Sauce
First to arrive were the Baked Spare Ribs in Honey Sauce. It was a wonderful start - the meat fell off the bones and almost melted in the mouth. Highly recommended - just make sure you ask for not so lean ones as the lean ones will tend to have you chew on it more :o)

Stir Fried Intestines with Dried Prawns & Chilli Padi
The Stir Fried Intestines with Dried Prawns and Chilli Padi came next - I'm not particularly fond of intestines unless it's the really crispy ones (the ones I usually eat with porridge, yumz!) and tried just a bit of this. While the dish wasn't really to my liking, I did like munching on the dried prawns, very flavourful. I even added this to my bowl for more oomph when I ate the next dish.



Claypot Glass Noodle With Prawn
THEY CAME FROM BENEATH! :p
Claypot Glass Noodles with Water Prawns - We had 3 prawns, split into half. The prawns were huge, fresh and firm and the glass noodles were simply delicious as the soup tasted prawnylicious! Hahaha.... The soup was sweet and fragrant and we not only cleared the prawns and glass noodles but drank every drop of the soup (well, that and also the fact that the glass noodles soaked up some too). Oh, it was then we concluded that we DID have vegetables that night - the garnishing! Hahaha....

Steamed Crabs
Then we had the steamed crabs - of which I had one helping only as I prefer this style the least. Most seafood lovers would say this is the best way but since I have an aversion to fishy tasting food, I rather have my seafood any other way except steamed! The rest of them said that this was okay and we all pronounce the next dish as THE star of the night...


Salted Egg Yoke Crab
The Salted Egg Yolk Crabs! Definitely a "Shiok" experience (so much so, even the alphabet "S" appeared on the shell!). The last time I had a taste of such a dish was in Lukut but Robson Heights' is better and the place is definitely nearer. The crabs were also very fresh and firm and the salted egg yolk bits filled almost every nook and cranny of the crabs. It was yummylicious albeit a tad sweet in my opinion ... almost perfect if not for that.

Robson Heights Seafood Restaurant
I took this shot of the restaurant from the car as we were leaving. We had forgotten to do so as we were so engrossed with the food and conversation! Hee hee...

The Flogger Sistas will be going again this week and sadly, I am unable to join them. Their mission this time around is to try the rest of the stuff from the "menu". Ahhh...I can only sit back and look at this blog post while they partake in another round of glorious food - with great company to boot! Well, I'm sure when it comes to Robson Heights Seafood Restaurant, there will always be a next time - a time when I can make it! Happy eating, Sistas!

Robson Heights Seafood Restaurant
108 Jalan Permai
Off Jalan Syed Putra
Kuala Lumpur

Tel : 03-2274 6216



"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I’m halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner.”
Lyndon B. Johnson (1908-1973)
Former president of the U.S.





23 comments:

Precious Pea said...

I decided to post on this after tomorrow's dinner..hehe..will tell you what we had yah.

Anonymous said...

wow, mouth watering seafood. Agree with you, to taste the freshness of seafood, steam is the best!

ilene said...

Wow, "PRAWNYLICIOUS"?! Learn a word a day or rather in your case, I'm learning a new place to eat a day! hahahahaha....

Thanks WMW for the food review. Now I know where to go for salted egg crab. Have been looking out for the restaurant that can dish out the best of salted egg crab and now I've found it.

Me too, I also prefer my seafood to be prepared any other way except steamed. But if must have it steamed, then I must have a plate of delicious chillie sauce for dipping. sluuurrrp...hmm...yummy!

worldwindows said...

The Intestines with Dried Prawns and Chilli Padi has me salivating. This is an elusive dish. Must go.

choi yen said...

Why the colour of glass noodle soup so orangy?

I always feel guilty after I had salted egg crabs =.=''

Bangsar-bAbE said...

You had me at claypot glass noodles... *drooolll*

Christina Kim said...

What a whole lot of food...really look great! =)

Hope you are recovering well ya!
Take care gal!

sc said...

wanted to makan here for so many times, but always forgotten about it when it's time to look for place to eat..hehe.. the crabs looks so very shocking red!

Ciki said...

great shots.. too bad ur not coming for part2.. but see u soon okies:D

wmw said...

Precious P : Sob, sob...ah, yes.

Simple Girl : You are a seafood lover then!

Ilene : Hey there! When are we meeting up?

WorldWindows : Hope you like it more that I did :o)

Mimid3vils : That must be the prawn oil.

Bangsar-Babe : Gonna go and try?

kampungboycitygal said...

i miss the ribs so much! yat zhi guat hehehe..

HairyBerry said...

woah, more pretty pics from this restaurant! must go check it out one day. round 3, round 3! ;D

ilene said...

WMW, one day soon we shall catch up.

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Mmmmm. Can't wait for dinner at Robson Heights. So sad you cannot make it lah! Another time, okay! Hugs.

Tummythoz said...

That's one of the my default restaurant esp when impromptu guests drop by.
Oh that quip at the bottom sure is morbid but funny.

Sugar Bean said...

I wonder where this place is. But seriously, every single dish drives me crazy, they all look so delicious! Would really want to try out the Stir Fried Intestines and the glass noodles. I'm drooling now... Can't get all these good food in UK...

New Kid on the Blog said...

slurps.... gee... all these make me hungry!!!!!

jason said...

Uh... I just had instant noodle for dinner. :S (you know what I mean)

mooch said...

are these 'sang cheong'? they're actually fallopian tubes and not really intestines. hahaha hope i'm not scaring you :)

k.t.x said...

girl!!! how u!!!??? wow, i so miss this stuff. m sure gonna check this out when back and also, do my monthly outing with u...can?lol. btw, SAWATDEEE WAN SONGKRAN KAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...






SPLASHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!
(where u gonna songkan?)

wmw said...

Christy : Yeah, a whole lotta great food!

SC : Aiks...we still haven't gone out yet!

cumi&ciki : So, how did Part 2 go??? ;o)

kbcg : Why miss? Just go and eat!

Nic : You haven't tried this place? I'm sure you'll get round to it soon! Bring on Round 3!

ilene : :o)

Lyrical L : Yalah...not on Thursdays lah....

Tummythoz : Oooh...So, what other dishes are good??

Katie said...

I always love looking at photos of crab dinners because I really want to try some .. but I'm too scared because I wouldn't know where to begin with eating it! :P

wmw said...

Sugar Bean : When are you coming back to stop yourself from going crazy over Malaysian food??? :o)

NKOTB : Hahaha...same here when I visit your blog!

Jason : ...but you went to PD! You know what I mean -_-

mooch : Errr...I don't really eat these sort of stuff but did try a bite. Hahaha...didn't scare me.

k.t.x : Call me when you're back lah...I'm gonna songkran in my bathroom! Hehehe...

Katie : Come to Malaysia and we'll show you how to eat crabs! ;o)