Monday, September 19, 2011

K3K Benta Kaya Kopitiam - My Latest Love

Happy Monday! Well, at least try to be :o)...I've been busy and haven't had the chance to blog though I had the intention of putting up a post earlier. Anyway, I want to put up a food post that definitely adds on to my Happy Meter.

I've been going to K3K Benta Kaya Kopitiam of late ... they have been around for awhile but I never got round to it earlier.  It was only when a friend told me that they had some rather special toast with different fillings that I felt the pull.  Anyway, they do have quite a number of unique items on their menu (one that includes a giant curry puff - it's big, it's as wide as the span of two open palms side by side) and of course, there's their kaya too...There will be more pics gathered along the way but for now, meet my latest love...

Topee Red Bean with Condensed Milk and Peanut Butter

Topee Red Bean with Condensed Milk

Serious? Condensed milk? Cos I can't seem to find condensed milk in Malaysia, only sweetened creamer available.  Well, I didn't ask but it does have the thick consistency of condensed milk (look at the pic).  I really need to ask to confirm cos I want my condensed milk supply to resume! Where is my condensed milk? Susu pekat manis is gone and I have to resort to asking friends to buy a few cans for me each time they go over to Singapore and I even bought some from Thailand. Cis! Sweetened creamer just won't do! Why? We need the government to bring it back, make it more profitable for the manufacturers to sell it so that production can start again! Do register yourself as a voter (make sure it's in time for the next coming election!) so that you can vote.  Vote for a better Malaysia...and hopefully it would count as a vote for condensed milk too! Hahaha... Okay, now that I've finished ranting about my loss - loss of condensed milk, that is..hehe...let us get back to my original topic!

Where were we??? Oh yes...Topee Red Bean! I have no idea why  it's called Topee except that it's the name of the bread.  Pardon my ignorance...It's more like a pizza dough but with less density.  This Topee Red Bean comes with red bean filling between two slices of topee and then it's slathered with peanut butter and drizzled with condensed milk (the menu reads Topee Red Bean "shower" with Condensed Milk).  I love it! Do tell them to toast the bread longer for extra crisp, it tastes even better! Half set (half circle, divided to two pieces goes for RM3.80, a full set is RM6.80).  K3K Benta Kaya has found a new fan! I need to go back more often to try out the other interesting items on their menu.  Enough with Papparich, MammaPoor, Old Town, New Town, Georgetown, Hometown ...


K3K Benta Kaya Kopitiam
32 Square outlet
Jalan 19/1
46300 Petaling Jaya

Tel : 03-7954 2131


Other outlets' location : Damansara Perdana, Subang Jaya SS15, Kuchai Lama, Klang Carrefour & Bukit Tinggi

"Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday's code"
- Dan Salomon



5 comments:

Pureglutton said...

Eh new look to your blog? :)
I have been to this place in Subang - and that Toppee looks really really sinful!

wmw said...

Pureglutton :Yup, yup...playing around with Blogger! Lots more to be explored at K3K! Try the Toppe...oklah, not that sinful ...hehe...

Babe_KL said...

peanut butter, red bean and condensed milk, all my fave in one bun???

anyway I also source my condensed milk from Singapore!!! so sad leh

jason said...

Aiyah, we forgot to get you CM from SG 2 weeks ago!

I feel tat my tooth are aching from the sweetness of the bun :p

wmw said...

Babe : Tried it yet?

Jason: ha-ha, actually not as sweet as you think.