Sunday, July 08, 2007

Restoran 3U, Taynton View, Cheras

Had eaten at this place twice, thanks to KCC who directed me here. On my first visit during a Saturday 2 months ago, there was a long queue and I couldn't wait to see/taste what the hype was all about.
Image00006
We finally shared a table with two other patrons after waiting for about 10 minutes. We then ordered one mix beef dry wantan noodles while KCC had the chicken hor fun (flat rice noodles). While waiting for our food to arrive, I struck up a conversation with the other two patrons who ordered beef and prawn noodles. Our orders came about the same time and when the prawn noodles arrived, they were nice enough to ask me to take a photo of it on finding out what I was doing taking photos of our orders :o).
Image00003
I didn't taste the prawn noodles but I was absolutely taken in by the sight of the noodles and huge prawns that came with it. At RM6.80 a bowl, it was indeed very reasonable.
Image00022
My order of mix beef noodles arrive and I was delighted by the the tender meat, soft tripe, springy beef balls and radish. The soup was so flavourful and good; was told that they boil the soup for long hours and I believe it after tasting the soup!
Image00021
The dry wantan noodles came with a large dollop of minced beef and garnishing. However I found it a bit bland but that was easily corrected with some soy sauce.
Image00025
On each table they also provide three types of chili; a mix of cut fresh red chillies and chili padi (bird's eye chili pepper), dry chili flakes and home made chili sauce.
Image00009
KCC's order of chicken hor fun looked lovely too, topped with shredded chicken and prawns. I took a bite of the hor fun and a sip of the soup. Once again, the soup was so yummy and the hor fun was smooth. At RM4.80 and with such quality, it was really worth it!
Image00014
We decided to order another small bowl of beef balls as we simply loved the springy texture of the it (plus we get more soup; not sure whether they do soup refills).
Image00018
KCC being a prawn lover ordered a bowl of prawn wantan (so you can see, we had plenty of soup! Ha ha ha...) and ate to her heart's content!

Check out another article on Restoran 3U here. This is definitely another one of the places that I would want to patronise again and again when I'm in Cheras. It's a pity they are not open at night as the hours would be too long since they open as early at 7am! This is one restaurant that makes me wish I was staying in Cheras! LOL...I'm a soup person and this place serves great noodles in great soup stock! Yup...the secret is definitely in the soup ;o)

Restoran 3U Sdn Bhd
(Opens from 7am till 6pm, close on alternate Thursdays)

Tel : 012-3161 189/016-6500 609


"Soup puts the heart at ease, calms down the violence of hunger, eliminates the tension of the day, and awakens and refines the appetite." - Auguste Escoffier


30 comments:

Kok said...

wmw,
I would love to have that chicken hor fun. Aiyoyo...I'm hungry now...

Anonymous said...

Wow..! looks so yummy..!! and cheap lah..!! i wanna go home..!!!

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

cheras, huh? u shud move there la. call jason now!!! :-P

Rasa Malaysia said...

Ooooh, I like the big big prawns...so sinful looking in the Har Meen...must make my own har meen again soon. ;)

Tutiger said...

This is my first time leaving you a comment on your blog :) Though I have been your quiet follower for quite some time now.

Your blog is very informative and all your food reviews really makes me drool :P

I might just wanna try the Rest 3U on my day off :D

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i know where is dis la..its a corner shop rite? went to dis place a couple of mths back after jogging nearby..no wallet and no handphone so no review.. the food is pretty decent but i didnt like the fact the 1st thing that greeted me was a rat the size of a cat running past..

Precious Pea said...

Sniff...when are we going? I want a bowl of each..so yummy looking. :( Hungry now.

Tummythoz said...

Delicious food, beautiful pix. Or shd it be d other way around? Wateva. Bottomline, drools.

Babe_KL said...

would love to lap up the soup in the hor fun but too bad they closed so early!

there is one shop selling good fishball noodle in this taman. wonder if they're in the same row.

Anonymous said...

All these dishes are so comforting to me....love all! :D ...just strange to me that dry wonton noodles are served with minced beef. I thought should be char siew?

Anonymous said...

Eh I live so nearby that restaurant also nvr heard of them. *malu nya*

fatboybakes said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS!!! i brought a salad for lunch today.....i so want to throw it away now. you are evil woman, EVIL. beware the devil woman, there's evil on her mind...dahdahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Oh... nice noodles! I'm still blur with the area there.

wonda said...

wmw,
To me, Hor Fun is the broad flat type of koay teow. The one in your photo looks like koay teow to me.

wmw said...

kok & mama bok: Remember to make a trip to KL when you come back next time!

Lyrical L : Haha....Food only leh, don't fancy the traffic in Cheras.

RM : Aiyah, for you, easy peasy! You can just whip up anything you want to eat! :o)

tutiger : Thanks for dropping by. Thanks for the compliments too. Hope you get to try out 3U. See you around again!

Joe : Once again, I didn't see any...Mmmm, that seems to be a common sight around food in Malaysia! LOL...

jackson : I didn't try the wantan myself, was more interested in the beef ball. You can eat the chicken hor fun, nice too. I think the wantan at Sec 17 and Tong Shin better though, from the looks of this one. But soup definitely good stuff here!

wmw said...

precious pea : Must go on weekdays, weekends, pack like crazy. So, weekdays???;o)

tummythoz : Bottomline, let's go eat! Ha ha ha...

babe_kl : I think so...was told it's along the same row.

tigerfish : The dry wantan noodles is part of the order for my mix beef noodles, hence no charsiew but minced beef.

tankiasu : No need to malu, redeem yourself and take us there on your first trip there! :p

fbb : Cliff Richard fan eh??? I'm afraid I only have food on my mind. LOL!

jason : Quick, familiarise yourself with that area....then you can pack for me when you come to PJ! Muah ha ha....

Xiu Long Bao said...

haha...this rest is so geng chou till can make u move to cheras wiv jason ah?

But the nudles n dumplings really look gud lar. *Joined the drooling team*

Tummythoz said...

Aiyoyo, minta berjuta-juta ampun. Berzillion-zillion ampun. How to make it up to u? I'll b your obedient tripod for d next food crawl, k?

Anonymous said...

The prawn noodle (har mee) and the hor fun are so inviting. Just had dinner but still drooling from looking at your photos.

How I miss all these sort of food!

Eehui said...

wow good recommendation! now i have one more food to try when i go back to KL! (my bf stay in cheras lol)

wmw said...

Wonda : I always thought kway teow is hor fun and hor fun is kway teow....hee hee, no diff to me, just eat only! :p

xlb : But the traffic jam more geng chou leh...LOL!

tummythoz : Mmm...I'll bear your offer in mind :o)

judy : Aiks! Why got email address? Come, come, visit Malaysia....

lasilasi : Don't mention it :o). Cheras has quite a lot of good food around.

Lee Ping said...

I crave for chilis now. It is starting to get hot now because it is summer here. The heat have made me lose my appetite for food.

UnkaLeong said...

Haiyo...and all i'm having for dinner tonight is Indomie goreng :(

Cutie said...

Hmm, the chicken hor fan is good. But I wonder is it worth it to go all the way to cheras to have it when I stay in PJ. hehe...

mh said...

i love beef, this is another must try to me then (but Puchong to Cheras... quite far huh :-()

wmw said...

Lee Ping : We're also having heatwave here. So lethargic!

unkaleong : Irregardless, those noodles still taste good right? No matter what... Hahaha....

Cutie : I stay in PJ ;O)

tekko : Well worth venturing there....

teckiee said...

all this cheras road.. i sesat jalan there la.. i need to learn the roads soon if not i'm missing all this food.

wmw said...

teckiee : I'm learning too!

メღ傻婆のXїїåÕ魔鬼ß mUi mUiღメ said...

The chef have left 3u Restaurant 9 month ago,He has open his own Restaurant in Bandar Puchong Jaya,By the name Three U Kopitiam.So the Authentic taste is in Three U Kopitiam because Chef Liew has well keep his original recipe.If you want to taste his Food or Soup Please came to Three U Kopitiam at No.9,Jln Kenari 7,Bandar Puchong Jaya,47100 Puchong,Sel.and u can Contact Person Mr.Leong H/P:012-3161189

Anonymous said...

The chef have left 3u Restaurant 9 month ago,He has open his own Restaurant in Bandar Puchong Jaya,By the name Three U Kopitiam.So the Authentic taste is in Three U Kopitiam because Chef Liew has well keep his original recipe.If you want to taste his Food or Soup Please came to Three U Kopitiam at No.9,Jln Kenari 7,Bandar Puchong Jaya,47100 Puchong,Sel.and u can Contact Person Mr.Leong H/P:012-3161189