- Refrigerants in all building heating and cooling systems that emit compounds that contribute to ozone depletion and global warming have been eliminated.
- The building has been designed so that the energy systems and building envelope exceed California's energy code performance by 5%. Exceeding the energy code means the building uses less energy than a typical office tower, saving fossil fuels.
- The architectural curtain wall was designed to enable direct views of the outdoor environment for 90% of the building's occupants.
- At least 10% of the materials used in the construction of the building are from recycled sources. The vast majority of the recycled content is from the building structural steel and in the aluminum curtain wall, not recycled materials used inside the building.
- The building mechanical design will bring in 30% more fresh air to all occupied spaces than required by code.
- An alarmed air quality monitoring system ensures that ventilation systems maintain design minimum ventilation requirements.
- All adhesives and sealants, paints and coatings, and carpet systems used in building meet or exceed the low VOC (volatile organic compounds) requirements of the South Coast Air Quality Mgmt District, Rule 1168, providing better indoor air quality to people with respiratory sensitivities.
- Total water usage the building is reduced by at least 30% through careful selection of water efficient fittings and fixtures.
- The roof will be a highly reflective, lightly colored 'cool roof' system that will reduce the affect of urban heat islands.
- The development will include designated parking spaces for low emission and fuel efficient vehicles.
Cool, eh? Check out the photos I took ... By the way, pardon my ignorance but does anyone know if we have any such LEED development in Malaysia?
555 Mission Street, San Francisco
There are art pieces around the area. This is Human Structures by Jonathan Borofsky.
A closer look at the structure
Moonrise by Ugo Rondinone
555 Mission Street building and Human Structures against the sky... towering art of beauty.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVEYRONE!