Monday, January 15, 2007

Ah Keong Chee Cheong Fun, Damansara Uptown Hawker Centre

I love Chee Cheong Fun (CCF) and one of the few places (apart from Taman Cheras) I go to get a bite of this is at Damansara Uptown Hawker Centre. This is Czar's favourite place too. We find the sauce nice (especially the chilli sauce!) . For those who fancy something spicier, they have curry too. It's pork free and people of all races eat at this place. On a busy night, there'll be a long queue as we wait for our turn to choose what we want and then hand our plate over to Ah Keong, who's also helped by his wife.
We also love the crispy Foo Chook skin (beancurd skin)!

But one of the other reasons I like to eat here is that they also have Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun (however, minus the pickled green chillies but beggars can't be choosers). For this type of CCF (also known as Anson CCF), I usually eat it without the sauce , just with lots of sesame seed and a bit of oil and soy sauce.
The Teluk Intan Chee Cheong Fun, with bits of turnips, dried prawns and fried shallots.

To find Ah Keong's stall, go to the right side when you enter through the middle of the entrance. Walk through till almost towards the end, it's opposite Steven's Corner (where one can also get decent Western meals at reasonable prices).

The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day, you're off it.
~ Jackie Gleason

13 comments:

Rasa Malaysia said...

OMG, I totally forgot about his kind of yong tow foo plus chee cheong fun combo I used to have during college days in KL. I like I like!

Thanks and will have to add this to my to-eat list when I go to KL. Can find in Jalan Alor?

Precious Pea said...

How nice if i could have a plate of CCF for breakfast now. I prefer CCF with dried shrimp...dash with soya sauce and chilli sauce plus few slices of pickled green chillies. DELICIOUS!

Xiu Long Bao said...

ooo...i wan2 hav d teluk intan cheong fun to be served wiv curry!

wmw said...

RM: Dunno about Jalan Alor woh, CCF I think got, but not sure about Teluk Intan CCF. I have tried T. Intal CCF here and there (apart from having the original in Teluk Intan itself) but Ah Keong's stall is the best. It's different from the original but it's yummy!

Come to PJ when you are back, we go makan lah.

Precious Pea : Yah, if I can't find T. Intan CCF, I would try to find the rolled CCF (not the flat ones) which has bits of dried shrimps in it. A bit of "sook yau" and soya sauce, mmm...magnifique!

xiu long bao : Thanks for the idea. I'll try that combo the next time and see how it goes.

MeiyeN said...

looks like da uptown "cheecheungfan" quite famous huh? i remember my bf once told me that this place is kinda packed especially during supper time and da business used to be really good but i've yet to try them out.. after reading your post, i just feel like to go there right away! :D

boo_licious said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm always at a lost on what to eat whenever I visit the Uptown Hawker Centre. All I know is the Ais Kacang stall I like.

Rasa Malaysia said...

Aiya, you come and pick me up ar? Or we can dispatch chief kaypo BSG Tonixe to come pick me up?

wmw said...

Meiyen : When you get there, hope the trip was worthwhile and that you like it.

boo : No problem. The Ais Kacang is from the Jenny Hong Soya Drink stall right? Next to a nasi lemak stall? I like that too but hardly drink it nowadays 'cos Ah Keong's stall is in a different area, have drinks nearby.

RM: Hohoho, I'm sure Tonixe will willingly and whole heartedly pick you up. Now only that, he'll roll out the red carpet and drop rose petals on it for you to walk on wherever you go! Ha ha ha....

wmw said...

RM : Oops...not now only that, meant NOT only that!

backStreetGluttons said...

I hear u my Dears.

Before I bring u ladies here I strongly recommend the other ends many many places of leisures and pleasures, North South East West of Uptown ( hence da name, got it ?)first ok?

Perfect !

wmw said...

RM:Taking up Tonixe's offer???? Hee hee....

Melting Wok said...

wmw hiii !! :) This is my 1st and I almost pengsan when I looked at all those ccf stuffings !! luckily my ccf cravings was last week hehe, otherwise, will be knocking myself out on the monitor right now. Btw, thanks for visiting my blog, my ccf is nothing like home, but does suffice to my craving hehe :)

wmw said...

melting wok : Thanks for visiting here too. See you around, I'll be dropping by your blog again!