Friday, December 08, 2006

Asiacafe, Subang

If my friends and I ever crave for Penang Char Kway Teow (fried flat noodles), we usually head to Asiacafe in Subang. It has lots and lots of hawker food stalls and lots of choices. There are a few stalls here that are pretty good. Of course, I haven't tried all of them, so, there might still be other hidden good food around.
There's my fave sushi stall...the soft shell crab roll topped with ebikko (fish roe) is my fave here.

Then, there's my fave dessert stall where I normally get Durian Pancakes from (they have Mango, Jackfruit, Dragon Fruit too but my fave is still the Durian Pancakes). They also sell other desserts like puddings etc. etc.
A mention should go to the Chicken Kway Teow Soup (with prawn wantan). One of the better ones that I've tasted. I didn't take a photo of it, it's located opposite the Penang Char Kway Teow stall and occupies the corner lot. The little Takoyaki stall is quite good too. Okay, back to my fave Penang Char Kway Teow. Remember to look out for stall No. 5.
I always ask for extra beansprouts. It's slightly moist and the kway teow is separated and fried. So, each strand is tasty! Gosh, I think I'm going to have a plate of this later....Ha ha ha....Why do all the unhealthy food taste so good and why does the healthy food usually taste like grass???? Well, it's Friday! Have a good weekend. Mrs Pitt, don't forget to take time off to smell the flowers! Say Hi to Zahara for me. I have got to study! I'm having exams and it's hard retaining all those info in my head! Aargh...Ok, back to the books now.

I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. ~ Eartha Kitt

6 comments:

backStreetGluttons said...

Maybe I try afterwards, want to compare with Steven inside Nam Chun, Bangsar. Study just hard enough ok !

wmw said...

Team bsg : Yeah, let me know your verdict. Haven't tried the Bangsar one, mmm...where's Nam Chun? A-ha, study just enough to just pass is it? Hee hee...

Unknown said...

Wow....i alwiz visit this foodcourt whenever i craving for variety of food! I love the Char Kuey teow thatu recommended~! Beside, i love the fried chicken nasi lemak and thegrilled fish there! But one of the stall selling sweet sour crab was a bit dissapointing!

backStreetGluttons said...

ok, Steven has firmer kway teow and more CKT taste, while stall 5 is wetter. Nam Chu(a)n is the famous Sarawak Laksa place, Lorong Ara Kiri 2 , Lucky Gardens, Bangsar

yalah, unless u want to be Professor !

wmw said...

jackson : Haven't tried the nasi lemak stall. Which one is it and near which area?

team bsg : So, does it mean Stall 5 is nice or not nice? Oh, Steven's at Nam Chuan. But I think there's Steven's CKT here and there, apparently run by different family members and their staff.

I know there's one at Damansara Kim's coffershop and another one in Say Huat Coffeeshop in Sec 17. Is it the "same" Steven?

backStreetGluttons said...

stall 5 is quite good, but Steven, Nam Chun is better in my opinion.

I m not sure bout the other Stevens tho !