Monday, December 04, 2006

Tian Ya Ker Mee Cendawan, Lorong Haji Taib 5

I had read about the famous Kin Kin Pan Mee somewhere at Jalan T.A.R. However, I've not been there and during my earlier days when my office was nearer to KL, we use to frequent this stall at Lorong Haji Taib 5 instead.
To say that it's pure Pan Mee would not be right as its sign says Mee Cendawan (Mushroom Noodles). I had the opportunity to have breakfast here again after 3 years or so when I had to attend a course downtown. Being early, we had no problems looking for a empty car park lot as we arrived there at about 8.15am.

Well, it does have the same "stretched" flour noodles, done the way your regular bowl of pan mee is done. The lady here cooks it in a pot for about two servings over a fierce fire. She couldn't help smiling as I took pics of her.
However, as it says, it's full of mushrooms and with some meat (non-halal) - with no ikan bilis (anchovies) in sight. So, that's where the difference is. I had one with egg where it's at the bottom of the bowl (cooked when the flour noodles are poured onto it). Add in lots of fried shallots and this was one hot and piping bowl of breakfast goody from the backlane. Good food calls for certain things to be overlooked at times, you know what I mean? ;o) But that's what makes it so good too. Ha ha ha....Oh, do take note that they are closed on Tuesdays.

I keep trying to lose weight... but it keeps finding me! ~ Author Unknown

5 comments:

teckiee said...

slurppp...i have to head down to kl more often alreadyyy

Babe_KL said...

i absolutely love a bowl of this but i hvnt gone back here for donkey years. loved mine wid a squeeze of limau kasturi

wmw said...

teckiee : Yah, if you have to make a special trip to KL then make sure you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in KL! LOL...Breakfast here, lunch at the pork noodle stall and dinner at Ngau Kee, beef ball noodle! LOL! Oh as for the pineapple cupcake I asked you about, take a look at the pic here (at the end of the post)...maybe you can try it out!
http://ugwug.blogspot.com/2006/09/malacca-part-3.html


babe_kl:Oh yah, forgot to mention about the limau! Well, time to make a trip, I guess... :o)

Tummythoz said...

Wow! That bowl (last pic) really had me drooling!

wmw said...

tummythoz : Ha2, don't drool, go eat! ;o)