Thursday, April 13, 2006

Japan - Part 3

A friend wanted to know more about the thoughts that were going through my mind. Yes, being in Japan had its moments of madness and serenity. Extremes, but both were welcomed. Madness to remind myself that I am alive and serenity to remind me to live life! What was going through my mind indeed?

Since my dad passed away, I know all things happened for a reason. I slowly and consciously told myself to accept things for what they are. I can try changing them, but if it refuses to be moulded to the way I want it to be after a few attempts, then the change must come from me. Life is a free flow and definitely can be made more pleasant from conscious efforts to stop reacting adversely to unpleasant things or people around us. After 8 years of such efforts, it has come rather easily for me to put things aside. However, sometimes it's the people around me who might not understand my nature of dealing with things.

It might appear that I have become insensitive, please be informed that I'm not. It's not the case but I just want to move on, I don't want to waste time on mindless discussion about who did what, who said what, trying to figure out what went wrong. The truth is, that's the past, nothing can be undone. The clock is ticking, acknowledge what went wrong and move on. I dislike dwelling on a subject and on a negative emotion. Again, I had to consciously "remove" and "place" myself somewhere more pleasant, if not physically, then mentally. I learn to cry less and laugh more this way. Of course, I'm not perfect, now and then I might still be affected but I check myself, telling myself to get over it as soon as possible. It's not THAT easy as there are people around me. I never make myself feel negative, it's the people and things around me that do. Just remember, the problem does not come from the people/things, whether one makes it a problem or not comes from how we react to them. When people start to annoy me, I simply remove myself from the scene. After all there are some people who don't have a clue and I being the one who is aware shouldn't subject myself to such agony, as long as I'm able to do something about it! Ha ha ha ....




If only everyone did that, the world would be a happier place. No animosity, no anger, no negative feelings. Period. We would then be having a ball and painting the town red, because living is already a cause for celebration. Maybe it's just me. I think anyone who has ever lost a loved one or a dear friend would wish for more time with them. Tell me, if you only had a few more precious moments with them, would you waste it by filling it with negative emotions? Learn from that, cherish whatever time we have now with our dear friends and loved ones that are still by our side and let's not ever WISH for more time again.
Paint it red!
I'm still learning and it gets easier for me day by day. In a way, it's true, to feel more positive, one need to feel less negative-feel more to feel less. I know it doesn't make much sense to some, but it does to me. Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed and we will start to make our journey in life more enjoyable!

When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long. ~ Author Unknown

No comments: