Saturday, April 22, 2006

More Laughs On The Way!

About two months back, I caught Actorlympics and wrote a review on it and was pleasantly surprised that Edwin Sumun dropped by and posted a comment. Anyway, things have been a bit hectic since I came back from Japan and I have been catching up on some blog reading that I've been missing out on. From Edwin's blog, I came across this poster!

Yay! Another round of Actorlympics! Edwin, being the diva that he is, looks gorgeous (He's the one who's bald on the top row, not the one at the bottom, that's Harith! - this sentence was added when someone asked me who is the bald lady?!!! Now I'm wondering whether Edwin will be happy or unhappy to hear that. I should ask him ;P). Rashid looks a bit odd. He looks a bit sickly to me, er.....just odd. And Douglas seems to have a new hair do, are those curls I see??! Anyway, if I'm in town, I do intend to catch this show again. I hope to see some improvement to the show and I hope my regular kakis would give this another chance as they were more disappointed than me the last time round. I know, it's easy to say what's wrong but when they call out for ideas, we'll just be keeping quiet. Our creative minds suddenly go into sleep mode and we try with all our might but .... NOTHING. Nothing comes to mind. Sigh, that's why we're the paying audience because if we were to be put on stage, our acting and improvisations would suck big time! Ha ha ha....

I'll be getting tickets for Wanton Me and I guess I'll enquire about for this new round of Actorlympics too. Oh, by the way, I am one of the lucky 10, who has been invited by Gardner & Wife for tea at Montes next Tuesday to meet Wanton Me's cast, Selena and Hossan.



WANTON ME!

Date May 15 – 28, 2006
Venue The Actors Studio, Bangsar Shopping Centre
---------------------------
“I have never laughed so hard [in Singapore] before!” – Today, Singapore

SINGAPORE'S "BETTE MIDLER"!

Fresh from her sell-out success of Dim Sum Dollies: Singapore's Most Wanted at The Esplanade, playing to over 30,000 adoring fans over its two weeks, Singapore's answer to Bette Midler descends on Kuala Lumpur. Abetted by her aide-de-camp Hossan Leong, a grand piano, big hair, wacky lyrics, a forest of false eyelashes and mile-high shoes (and that's just Hossan's costumes!), KL may never recover!





A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.
~ Irish Proverb

2 comments:

Edwin Sumun said...

Great stuff! So, my wanting to even out the women quota in the poster worked! Well, Nell did mention I was the 'prettiest' one on it. ;)

Hope you'll be in town to drop by.

wmw said...

Edwin, it worked really well, too well! LOL.