Monday, October 23, 2006

Deepavali Do

Without fail each year, the group of us look forward to V's invitation as she and her family celebrate Deepavali. I had gone there earlier to take some photos before the it gets crowded. V's really amazing, she cooks everything herself and baked the cookies too. The only time her maid help out with the preparation of food is when they made the thosai and roti jala (batter mixed by V herself earlier). I had offered my help but she said that all is well and so I took photos instead. When I first arrived, she was busy making the achar which was really good. Actually ALL of the food tasted good.
The Making Of : Thosai (Left) and Roti Jala (right)
Achar
After getting out of the kitchen area, I proceeded to take photos of the food before there's no food left for me to take!

Yummy Prawns/Mutton Curry


Chicken Rendang/Chicken Curry
The crowd then started streaming in and in no time, the place was filled with guests, enjoying the good food and catching up on old times. Top this with Curry Dahl and Ghee Rice and good company, I had a Happy Meal!


Before & During
Ghee RiceMy Happy Meal

At every party there are two kinds of people - those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is, they are usually married to each other. ~ Ann Landers

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah look so seeedap...
Yummy... I haven't eat such nice Indian food since my neighbour's parent die... The granny use to cook delicious crab curry and mutton...

wmw said...

wow - Yah, the food was really good. You can always expand your circle of friends to get your own Deepavali do!

Anonymous said...

....the spread looks most impressive, I'm sure it tasted as good ! ( your learned friend is right about the wanna go home wanna stay bit lah, how accurate )

Anonymous said...

....the spread looks most impressive, I'm sure it tasted as good ! ( your learned friend is right about the wanna go home wanna stay bit lah, how accurate )

wmw said...

tonixe-yeah, it was yummylicious! So, which camp are you from? The one that wants to stay or the one that wants to go??? Ha ha...

Anonymous said...

how do i time my vacations so that i can tag along with you to your friend's house to celebrate Deepavali? Your friend is indeed amazing.. she made all that food and backed cookies? Amazing! Simply amazing!!! Anyways, Happy Deepavali to your friend!

Anonymous said...

Everyone is admiring the yummy food. No doubt! the food looks delicious but I was also admiring your photography skill. The pics were very well taken including those taken at Chilli's. Looking at all those delicious food has made me real hungry. I'm gonna get a bite ... apple! Damn!

wmw said...

Dancing tomboy, welcome....thanks for the compliment!