Sunday, November 19, 2006

Korea House, Desa Sri Hartamas & Seo Gung, SS2

Korean food finally comes to SS2. Seo Gung (located opposite of Wong Kok, one block away) is located on the 1st floor and the big signboard made it easy for us to spot the place. It would have been easy to miss it as entrance is by a small staircase.

We found the prices high for the BBQ fare. Even the Bulgogi was at RM48/person (as compared to RM28 at Korea House in Desa Sri Hartamas. At Korea House, we normally opt for the Bulgogi to be cooked in front us. We will be given the usual small side dishes (a count of 8 plates in all). It does not come with rice, do take note that a metal bowl of rice here is RM5!

PICS FROM KOREA HOUSE, DESA SRI HARTAMAS
The Bulgogi here tastes different each time. At times it's really good and at other times, the gravy can be a bit diluted (could be that too much water was added or it had too little marinate sauce to begin with, cutting down on some of their ingredients perhaps).

Coming back to Seo Gung, SS2 we opted for the Bulgogi that is kitchen cooked and also Kimchi Chigae. It was a bigger stone pot as compared to the one from Haeun Khon, Amcorp Mall. Here, we were given a total of 10 side dishes, the most that I've come across. The Bulgogi was good (RM20), the beef was tender and the gravy was nice. They didn't give me the lettuce and I forgot to ask till we were half done with it, so I left it at that. So, I don't know whether they forgot or it's just not included. However the Kimchi Chigae still lost out to Haeun Khon's version. The Kimchi Chigae (RM15) here was spicy enough but a tad bit more sourish for my liking. Oh well, to each his/her own. However, I would be back here for the Bulgogi again! They have set lunches but different items are available on different days (a big confusing). The Kimchi Chigae set is available on Mon, Wed and Friday for RM12.90, no Bulgogi set is listed (bummer!).

Oh, here's the link again for Kimchi Chigae's recipe. Do let me know if it's good. It also has lots of other Korean recipes.

PICS FROM SEO GUNG, SS2

Food is an important part of a balanced diet. ~ Fran Lebowitz

7 comments:

Rasa Malaysia said...

Ooooh, I saw some cockles with sambal on top and you know I love cockles!!! They must be very good!

boo_licious said...

Wow! That was quick. Thxs for the review as I saw the new restaurants that day in SS2.

wmw said...

Rasa Malaysia : My friend said that it's nice. I don't take cockles! I guess I must be missing out on something good! hahaha....

boo_licious : No worries....the restaurant has been opened for awhile. I wonder if the other one over at the Teapot side is opened or not.

Anonymous said...

Korean House along Teapot Cafe is not open yet. Wonder when they'll open coz it doesn't seem like the place is under renovation too coz the shutters are down all the time....!

wmw said...

Korean Princess:Do let me know when it's open for business! Thanks.

Once is enough said...

bad service. maybe too good business and that they don't care abt serving the customers. We had all teh hot dishes served, grilled and yet the appetisers had not arrived (even after 4 times asking for it, and asking the owner). Once is enough.

wmw said...

Sorry to hear about your bad experience...Which one are you refering to? Korea House or Seo Gung?