Saturday, November 25, 2006

Steamboat

On Thanksgiving, I reflect on my life and feel that I have been indeed blessed, blessed with good friends and in all other aspects. Well, I'm blessed that I didn't go blind when I had my retina detachment, and even if I did, I'm blessed that I would still have one good eye! LOL!

Anyway, one of the good friends that I'm blessed with is Czar, as she is also a very good cook! Ha ha ha....I was invited for another round of makan (just plain "Eating") at her place, this time, for steamboat (it was during the Mid Autumn Festival, this post is long overdue!). All I can say Czar is a fantastic cook. She is one of those who can whip up something from nothing in no time! I'm not kidding! (Check out my post of the Raya do at Czar's house earlier). Her cousin, C, who was there too, is also a good cook and when they gather they can cook up a storm (and do it very quickly too!) More so, when steamboat is quite simple to prepare, the only part is to make sure the soup taste good! So, I don't know the recipe for the soup but when I have friends like them, I just let them do the cooking (I'll only be in the way). So here are some pics of the makan that night. Mrs Pitt, I know, I know, you are going to make sure you make a stopover at Czar's place the next time you visit Malaysia! ;o)
The food items for the steamboat
Putting some of the items into the soup to cook (the chilli you see at the bottom right corner is also home made!)
Oh, don't forget the tofu-and dinner is ready! The soup was delicious.
Home made Muachi (glutinous rice thingy covered with sugar and grounded nuts) for dessert done by C, batch by batch - so yummy!

Oh, I gotta include these two photos (posted on my photo blog before) as the kids were so cute. After dinner, they went out to the garden to play with candles and I took these shots of them. What a lovely way to end the night. Oh, Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. ~ W.T. Purkiser

2 comments:

Rasa Malaysia said...

Wow, home-made muachee...you will have to give me the recipe!!! I love muachee.

wmw said...

Rasa Malaysia : Will try to get the recipe for you, she's currently away on holidays.