Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Home

Got my appointment rescheduled to tomorrow and that meant I was free today. I finally got down to buying a new steering wheel lock. My old Autolock was not working anymore as it can also Autounlock! I had been using it as a display unit as I could open it by just gently prying it apart with my hands, no keys needed! Ha ha ... So much for security, huh? It has served me well, even when the rubber part disintegrated after 6 years, my dear mom stitched some fabric around it and I still managed to use it for another 2 years!

I had dropped CSI an email to see how she's been and her reply alarmed me as its contents sounded a bit serious. I immediately picked up the phone and made a long distance call to see if she was okay. As it turns out, she just need some time away to think things over about her life but emotionally she is okay. Glad to know that. Why do people run off to some country or other when they need to sort their lives out? Why can't we sort out our lives right where we are? Short trips are fine but migration entails so much of change. Maybe that's the answer, change, some migrate to change their lives. I figure though, if something/someone has affected us so deeply that we have to remove ourselves that way, that unwanted and maybe faded feeling will creep back into us time and time again no matter where we are. New place, new faces and a new life perhaps, but never a new heart and soul. Mrs Pitt, you got a place for me to stay over there for good? LOL

Being a great fan of Angelina Jolie (yay! I'm for Brangelina!), I was delighted to be forwarded a video clip of a young AJ in 1993 I think, starring in Meatloaf's Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through , don't know why it's not spelled as True (I'll definitely be posting more stuff on her in future!). I've always enjoyed Meatloaf songs since I first heard his 1977 album, Bat Out Of Hell, when I was just a kid! My favourite song back then was "You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth". Back to the video, it shows AJ running away from home, from her problems and in the end, she goes home. Enjoy the clip. I figure we all go home in the end, no matter where we are, because as the saying goes, "Home is where the heart is".



Where we love is home,
Home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., Homesick in Heaven

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us toast to "Home". Funny, I still refer to my "home" in malaysia after all these years. We can change our environment but never our hearts and souls .. so, i say "stay put and deal with it". It will make the new environment even more enjoyable and happy if we had dealt with our "demons".

Sure, "my home is your home" but I don't have a garden for you to smell the flowers ;)

love ya!