Friday, June 16, 2006

80's Music

Pic from http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=342167
I am so happy. While searching for music video codes for my blog, I stumbled upon www.duranduran.no It's a Duran Duran website done by Klaus Olsens. I'm a fan of Duran Duran but what made me even happier that his website carries video and audio files of 80's music! It's simply fantastic, click on "Extra" and you will have a list of choices including "Visualize the 80's" and "Audible 80's". I sent Klaus an email thanking him for putting up a great website to which he promptly gave a warm reply. I grew up in the 80's and I still remember that I usually can't wait to go the the vendor every week for my copy of No.1 (pop mag from UK, probably one of the best UK pop mag in the 80s, now no longer available). I also had the wall in my bedroom, all plastered with posters of Wham, George Michael, Go West, Spandau Ballet and my fave member of Duran Duran, John Taylor. My cassettes (yes, no CDs for me back then!) were all over the place. I also remembered Mrs Pitt being the neat person that she is, nearly freaking out when she saw the room. LOL...I enjoyed having music in my life. As a matter of fact, the first thing I bought with my substantial savings when I turned 18 was a Hi Fi set, albeit it was second hand. I later got my own set a few years later, and my Rega Kyte speakers still work till today!
I've put up two links from Klaus on my sidebar under websites I can't do without! Hope 80's music fan out there will enjoy them as much as I do. If you do decide to drop Klaus a line or two, let him know wmw from Malaysia told you! Thank goodness there are audible files apart from the videos as I can't really look at the monitor for long (still recovering from the eye op). Those files are keeping me entertained at home and help me ease the boredom. I'm really happy, just like when I had fresh scones and English Tea for teatime break a couple of days ago at Lily Cenario Cafe. Forgot to take the pic before I attacked it! LOL...Food and music, doesn't take much to keep me happy! Have a great and happy weekend everyone.

Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words. ~Robert G. Ingersoll

No comments: