Monday, March 12, 2007

Bandwidth Exceeded!

I never thought this blog will have an increase flow in visitors when I first started this....This meant the monthly bandwidth allowed by Photobucket (where I store my photos) increased too. So, each time my pages load, bandwidth are being used. My current bandwidth's monthly quota is now exceeded (hence, the big big words "BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED" is seen rather than my photos). However, the bandwidth allowable resets itself each month and the older posts' photos should be viewable come this 16th. I apologise for the interruption. Ha ha ha....

Next is IE 7. Apparently those surfing the internet with IE7 would encounter problems if they view online videos on Windows Media Player that is not the latest version due to compatibility issues. It would either freeze (on XP or older versions) or shut off (on Vista). If you google IE7 problems you would see there are a lot of users with problems. After Boo_licious sent me an email, I finally made a decision to live without music in my blog. So, I will not be putting up the video at the sidebar like I use to till they come up with a solution. Firefox Mozilla users should be surfing the internet without such hiccups as it is trouble free. I'm still learning about all these technical issues in the blogging and internet world as I go along.

Or else, it's back to the drawing board......

15 comments:

Kok said...

wmw,
Seems like your blog is getting more famous. Congratulations! haha! But on the downside, yea, no more photos since you have exceeded your bandwidth.

boo_licious said...

Yeah, now it's better and faster. My IE7 completely crashed on Friday hence we had to reinstall it again on Sunday after we double checked it for worms and viruses on Sat.

wmw said...

kok : Photos will be back on 16 March...still got.

boo : Sigh, IE6 had all these bugs that was neverending. IE7 is now starting its own list... Ha ha ha...

Anonymous said...

Hi there wmw!

I'm glad to be back, and commenting here! So much drama lately. You also with your own drama with bandwidth. I must say I enjoy your photos cos they are so BIG and CLEAR.

So the makan ones ah, very lau how sui as us Cantonese puts it. :)

Now how to know if this is really me? I'll send you an email with the tips how.

Cheers,
Kenny.

wonda said...

Yea, I also have problems when I posted too many photos. I don't know if decreasing the size of the photos on the post and then click on it for better resolution would help or not.

wmw said...

kenny : Yah, I'm still a bit cautious! ha ha ha...the photos will be back online on this coming 16 Mar.

wonda : Yah, I'm limiting the post on the main page to 2 a day....Good to see you around.

Melting Wok said...

I feel ur pain *patpat*, for me, I don't think I'm getting popular hahaha, but I can't upload pix. for the past couple post, and got both publishing and 404 errors when clicked on previous posts :( Hang in there ya :)

Kok said...

wmw,
Don't worry, I'll still visit your blog even without all those yummy photos. haha!:P

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you limit your posts per page (say, 2-3 posts per page) will do any better on that :)

wmw said...

Melting Wok:You hang in there too...are your problems related to IE7?

kok : Thank you for your support! ha ha ha...

Jason : Yes, have reduced the post per page to 3 for time being. Will monitor. Thanks.

mh said...

maybe you can consider place some at flickr? i've moved all my photobucket's photos.

wmw said...

Each has it's own advantages...I somehow find photobucket the easier one to use of the the two.

Unknown said...

u can host your pictures on blogger too ah... :-)

so glad the music is off! haha...
btw, it kills mac browsers too.

wmw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wmw said...

Keropok Man : But somehow I find Photobucket's easy to use. Pros and cons....

Ha ha ha...yes, the music is gone. Some miss it and some are glad :o) With the music gone, hope to see you around more often!