Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pasar Ramadan @ Section 14, Petaling Jaya

I had followed Wan to Section 14's Pasar Ramadan the other day as I wanted to sink my teeth into some of the delicious goodies there and also wanted to drop by Soraya & Ariff's Kokopelli stall.  I was hoping that the rain would stay away that day and I got more than what I had hoped for ... it was scorching hot and I was glad when the clouds would occasionally get into the way of the sun.  The vendors, shielded by the canopy tops had their space intruded when customers themselves hid under the tops for some temporary relief.  It was hard to take photos as the lighting was harsh, so when I adjusted the controls, the photos turned out darker than I expected.  Sigh...anyway, check out Sec 14 Pasar Ramadan's scene ...

Kokopelli Stall
Kokopelli Stall ... Fried Kway Teow and Hokkien Mee at RM4! Also selling Pasta Marinara and Seafood Aglio Olio

Tepong Pelita
Tepung Pelita - I bought two for RM1.  Unfortunately, they spilt over in the plastic bag and I manage to eat a bite of it.  I love the creamy santan (coconut milk), sweet and salty.  Lovely!

Chicken!
What a big dish of chicken!

Bone Marrow
Who loves Sup Gearbox (Bone Marrow Soup)? I do! Come and get it here for RM12-RM15.

Sambal Ikan Masin (Salted Fish)
Glorious Jade bought Sambal Ikan Masin (Salted Fish Sambal) RM4 - I enjoyed it with some rice later on.  Would be even better if it was spicier.

Nasi Briyani Kambing (Mutton)
Oooh...this was lovely.  Nasi Briyani stall.  We got a pack of Nasi Briyani Kambing (Mutton) RM9.  The vendor told us that we would love it and would definitely be "kambing" back for more.  Sorry, can't help being cheesy! Hehehe.... True enough, the rice was so aromatic and flavourful with generous spices.  The mutton was not as tender as I hoped it would be though, it was okay.  But the rice...the rice, oh glorious rice! Shall try it with beef or chicken next time.

Cockles being grilled
Cockles anyone?

Take a pic of me!
This guy even posed for me with fish in hand :o).  Friendly bunch of vendors we have here...

Colourful drinks
Look at these colourful drinks!

Squid on grill
Squid on the grill

Grilling
Grill 'em good!

Long queue for spring rolls
Sigh...the famous popiah (spring roll) stall here in Section 14 still continue to draw the crowd.  I didn't have the time to join the line sadly and didn't get to eat any.

Spring roll production line
Popiah production line

Apart from getting the few snacks, we brought home these too...
Cute!
Kokopelli's cute takeaway boxes

Char Kway Teow (Fried Noodles)
Yup, Fried Kway Teow -  Just remember to eat it warm :o)


Selamat Berbuka Puasa!


7 comments:

J said...

Wow. What a spread! The colours of the drinks at these Pasar Ramadans have always kinda frightened me though - some look like they could glow in the dark! :)

Kenny Mah said...

Oh that nasi briyani... you could almost smell it as he scoops it up ... *swoons*

Ciki said...

you're making me hungry woman! Thanks .. ayam percik is my FAV! LOL

Anonymous said...

So, when do you want me to take you to Kelana Jaya?

jason said...

Shucks... I've wanted to go too... :(

Hazza said...

So much food! never been to a pasar ramadan ... dont think I have been to KL during ramadan for many years now.

wmw said...

J : Surely is! A sight for hungry stomach!

LFB : Yalah...I'm going again to get this.

Cumi&Ciki : I'm longing to eat Yati's but that's in KB!

Anonymous : hehehe...next week?

Jason : When can you go?

Hazza : I think you will have a field day here :o)