Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crabbing @ R & G Lounge, San Francisco

This is one place I keep going back to, each and everytime I visit San Francisco .... without fail! What keeps me coming back here?

R & G Signature Dish
R & G Signature Dish - Salt & Pepper Crab

With that said....that's it! Just come here for the Salt & Pepper Crab 'cos R & G dishes up such a wicked style of it and you probably won't be able to find that "yum" anywhere else. It's so good that it deserves your whole hearted attention!

Salt & Pepper Crab - Signature Dish
Battered and deep fried - I have never tasted such a delicious crustacean before. The mix of Salt & Pepper seasoning makes me want to devour it entirely (yes, shell and all!) if I could. This dish definitely delivers a 10 finger licking and lip smacking goodness (I can go on and on...hahaha). I actually sit here for a couple of hours as I slowly enjoy every single moment of it .... from cracking the shells, digging into the fresh plump flesh and licking the shells clean till it's almost devoid of the fried batter.

Check out the size!
How plump? Check out the size of the shell! Take note that as with most crab dishes, there is no fix price on the menu as it follows market price. One crab is between USD30-40. It's oh...so worth it!

R & G Lounge
631 Kearny Street
(between Clay St & Commercial St)
San Francisco, CA 94108

Daily 11.30 am - 9.30pm
Tel : (415) 982 7877

R & G Lounge on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

WP said...

I believe you.. haha.. you made me super hungry man.. i'll keep this place in mind if I ever go to san francisco..

Katie said...

That crab looks really good! I keep drooling over pictures of them, but never actually go out and eat some myself, I totally should!

jason said...

Wow, bigger than your palm!

wmw said...

TummyRumble : Thanks for believing!

Katie : Yes, you should :o)

Jason : Yes lo...