Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Quick Bites - Indian Rojak @ Nasi Kandar Pelita SS2, Petaling Jaya

(HALAL) 24 HOURS

Ahh....Friday is here again and the year draws closer to an end.  So much to do, so little time - so much to eat, so little tummy space :o).

Today's highlight for Friday's Quick Bites series is one my fave places for Indian Rojak.  Nasi Kandar Pelita is a place I drop by often for my teh tarik fix and Indian Rojak (daytime or night time).   Sorry, I'm not really a fan of Nasi Kandar though, here or anywhere else for that matter :o)

Indian Rojak @ Nasi Kandar Pelita, SS2


Assorted fried goodies
Have your pick from the many fried assorted goodies ... I like these vegetables fritters and dough fritters!

Fish balls, sausages, prawn crackers
Fish balls, prawn crackers, sausages, tofu etc. etc.  

Indian Rojak served!
Add some deep fried sotong (squid) ... served with cucumber and turnips with the sweet and slightly spicy sauce on the the side (you won't find the usual sweet spicy peanut sauce here, which is why some would call this Singapore Rojak).  It's a great tasting snack/meal!

Nasi Kandar Pelita (website)
1, Jalan SS2/64,
47300 Petaling Jaya
Tel : 03-7874 9072

TGIF! Have a great weekend ...........




6 comments:

ilene said...

Nasi Kandar or Nasi Bryani .... I LOVE them all!!

Gee, Pelita also got website! :)

Small Kucing said...

food here is good

jason said...

But I like my peanut sauce!

Ciki said...

dammit woman! you're making me hungry!

WP said...

pelita is overpriced.. haha.. a plate of rice with some vege, fried egg and a chicken of choice is about RM10..

wmw said...

Ilene : Prefer Briyani ... hey, what happened to our second outing? Has she gone back???

Small Kuching : I only eat rojak here...never ventured further :o). Should try.

Jason : Different style ler...

Cumi & Ciki : Cos you were here near lunch time. Go feed yourself woman!

Tummy Rumble : I think most Nasi Kandar places are overpriced. As I said, I eat the Rojak here. Not a fan of Nasi Kandar. Come eat Rojak, next time?