Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Cooling Down @ Baba Low's, Bangsar

The weather has been a killer of late...I have been seeking reprieve in the malls, cinemas, hypermarkets, restaurants but the best way has to be the full enjoyment of having an icy cold dessert.  Though Baba Low's isn't air-conditioned, there's always one thing that draws me back time and time again.  While the food fares pretty well too, it's the Cendol that gets me going! This is a place where I will usually eat dessert first, then the mains and sometimes once in awhile...dessert again! Hahaha....



Ahhh...Cendol, the current love of my life! I love the fragrant gula melaka. Combined with the coconut milk and the shaved ice, it's one satisfying concoction, spot on sweetness with a tad of saltiness that makes it good.

Then there is this Popiah Peranakan, one won't know what to make of it on the first bite. The popiah skin is akin to a soft crepe texture as you can see from the photo. I decided that I do like this popiah peranakan; turnip, fried shallots, coriander, egg strips, cucumber, bean sprouts with a dash of Gula Melaka.  Try it and decide for yourself :o)  Oh, no pics of the Pie Tee that can be seen in the background? I personally thought it was just okay.




   
This I do like! Nyonya Laksa...With a fragrant soup that was just right, thick enough and not too rich that would please the palate of most. Lovely!

I love Mee Siam but the Mee Siam here was average to me.  It scored extra points for the tasty chilli sambal (not spicy enough though) that accompanied it.  Generous serving of julienned cucumber and egg strips ? +1

Hmm...we ordered this as the name intrigued us.  Mee Goreng Sejuk! After eating it, we were still intrigued as we couldn't decide what to make of it. No, the noodles weren't served cold but warm (not hot, but warm).  It was a simple serving of noodles with a sunny side up egg on top and julienne cucumbers on the side.  We found it on the salty side, not sure whether it's suppose to be salty or the cook was a tad generous with the salt that day. If you have tried this, what do you think of it?

For me, I'll order the Nyonya Laksa and at the end of the meal...All's good with a Cendol (again!) ;o)



Baba Low's 486
11, Lorong Kurau,
59100 Bangsar
Kuala Lumpur
Opens Daily from 7 a.m till 10 p.m
Tel : 603-2284 8486

No comments: