Friday, April 08, 2016

Travel Post - Hoi An, Vietnam - Part One

It has been awhile since I last blogged.  However, two recent trips I did in March reminded me of the many past trips that have gone unposted and with memories (becoming more vague in time) stored in mind and on saved folders in the computer hard disk.  It seems such a shame that many eats and trips have gone unrecorded, losing out to the ever convenient Facebook posting.  To you readers, who are reading this now, I am back and a heartfelt thank you for still visiting this blog.  I will attempt to highlight (slowly but surely) all the past trips that have come and gone (I think dating back to 2010!) as a means of having a place in cyberspace for it to be published online.  And maybe....maybe I will even blog about my food adventures too like I used to.

For now, I intend to keep my blog post short, with parts if needed so as to not bore myself and you readers.  More so for myself, so that I won't feel that it's a chore to blog as to what had happened to me at some point in time.   I apologise to my blog; neglected and almost forgotten.  You had in the past brought me so much joy and even friendship with strangers who have become good friends in time. I am so sorry...and I do hope to redeem myself.

So, let's start off with my most recent trip ... Hoi An, Vietnam.  I have previously been to Hanoi back in 2007 and it was enjoyable.  9 years later, I find myself in Hoi An and enjoying every single minute of it. Most of the time was spent walking around Old Town (120,000 VND/USD6 for entry ticket valid for the whole duration of my 5 days there) and practically anywhere else, enjoying the sights and sounds of this enchanting place. Being a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it was like being immersed in a large piece of living history.

Upon entering Old Town, one of the first things that you will see is the Japanese Bridge.

Japanese Bridge, Old Town




Wedding Photoshoot
The Japanese Bridge and Old Town itself serve as a favourite wedding photoshoot location to many couples.


Japanese Bridge
The inner parts of the Japanese Bridge; dark corners lit with lanterns (an iconic object seen aplenty around Hoi An)


Japanese Bridge
Read more about the Japanese Bridge HERE


Old Town

To Be Continued ...


1 comment:

wonda4 said...

Love the sceneries.Your pictures are good and sharp. Your monochrome picture is good to enter the Sony World Photo contest.