Monday, March 27, 2006

Ohana

I had dinner tonight with my family again. Was also out with them last night. When I told KCC that, she asked me what's up with all the family bonding! Well, I have always placed my family first especially dear mom (though we have had our share of arguments! :p) and I feel the older we all get, we actually have a lesser time on earth to be with them. Anyway, on Saturday night, we celebrated mom's belated birthday (her's the same as Jen) , my bro and sis-in-law, which fell on 26th. What are the odds of finding a spouse with the same birthday huh? Well, they did! We had our dinner at Rib Lee's in Taman Sea. We had a dozen of escargots and I ordered my fave baby pork ribs!!!! It was good but wasn't fully satisfied as they did not have the honey calamari (done with chilli padi, a must try for spicy food lovers!) and the oreo ice cream cake. Seems that they are not stocking up for now as they are moving soon and that the lady boss had just given birth and has not been working. They will be moving to Desa Sri Hartamas, I was told, opposite Burger King.

Sunday night, we went to Asia Cafe. This time round, it was a small makan as it was my bro and sis-in-law's 17th Anniversary! I had earlier gone to Tesco Fruity Shah Alam to have a look see and bought the last remaining Apple Strudel for them. The plan was to have a simple meal and then go home for desserts, Apple Strudel and two other cakes!!! Thank goodness the Char Kway Teow stall was open today. If you folks want to try it, it's stall No. 5!

A good heart these days is hard to find, unless you are in San Francisco!

Back to family matters, I really do feel that it's such a waste if there were some of us who, for one reason or another, had stopped speaking to our siblings, parents or a loved one. One day, it will be time for us to move on to our new lives, and I do hope that we will have closure on such issues before we do move on. Just remember, never forget to let your family/loved ones/friends know that you do cherish them. If not in words, then by your actions. If I get into an argument, I make it a point not to stay angry/be upset for long. Like I always say, let's not waste our life with such feelings but try and fill it with positive ones. We should speak from the heart and less from the mind as time passes by. As for friends who have dissapointed me in the past, I have long forgotten. I was just asking my friend this the other day - I may not have forgiven them but if I've forgotten them, how then can I forgive them? They have ceased to exist, so there's no one to forgive. LOL ...


The great gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.
~ Kendall Hailey, The Day I Became an Autodidact

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby pork ribs?That's cruel!! Thought you don't eat pork?

wmw said...

I do eat pork, only if it's prepared in specific ways. Roast pork and char siew and pork ribs yes!