Friday, March 10, 2006

Prayer

Got back from my usual Thursday meeting. The day started off well, met up with E, we had a long and interesting chat, exchanging our views on life. He invested in the new fund. I then went to the office for the meeting. It was a continuation of AHA, which was interesting and we broke into our own groups and did some sharing. I was feeling happy throughout. When the meeting ended, JC, Soo and I then went to McDs and I had my Fillet O Fish (the only fish that I will eat!) We bought some food from the Lims for our breakfast as they were wrapping up for the night. Plaza Mont Kiara has a weekly Thursday night flea market and another one on Sunday mornings. The Lims sell food like Yam Rice, Thai Bee Hoon, Coconut Jelly and today's new addition was Yam Cake. We made them happy and we were happy.

Shortly after, we were all feeling good and chatting away at McDs when I suddenly took a look at my handphone. I had a missed call from Ju. I said to myself, "Shit, this isn't good!" as I know that she usually doesn't call me that late at night and if she did, it can only mean bad news. Then I read her sms, "Got an sms from Jen's phone, saying that she's been admitted to UH". I called Ju back and we both didn't know what to do since it was already almost 11pm. I told her that I'll drop by UH tomorrow. Meanwhile, we can only continue to hope for the best.

Suddenly I felt drained and all sort of thoughts kept occupying my mind. Tried to get in touch with Euro but couldn't reach her. I can only pray. As soon as I got home, I stood, looking out of the window into the dark. The silence was deafening. I had a conversation with God. I prayed for strength and peace for Jen, for everyone.


Hope is some extraordinary spiritual grace that God gives us to control our fears, not to oust them. - Vincent McNabb

No comments: