Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mid Autumn Festival

I was in Jusco today and they were having a Mid Autumn Festival celebration at the concourse area. Continuing on my post on mooncakes, here are some photos I took (before I was told by a security guard to stop-I could never understand as to why certain things are restricted in this sense. I thought the more publicity the better. After all, it's free advertisement).
The area was filled with stalls and stalls selling mooncakes. There was this particular stall, Secret Garden, which was selling some novelty snow skin mooncakes that were shaped like an orange, apple, one with a fresh strawberry in the centre, tiramisu and durian filling. While it was a refreshing change, the mooncake lost its identity when it's shaped differently. However, it was indeed cute and I ended up buying them! Hah!
A little while later, there was a display of dough sculpting from this Chinese man who was seated near the stage, surrounded by a small crowd. He was skillfully sculpting all sorts of animals in a matter of seconds.
The mc asked what sort of other animals we would like to see him make. I asked whether he could make a monkey....and this was what he did. Ha ha ha...

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~ Albert Camus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tiramsu? Durian filling? I think the baker got carried away with creativity!! no longer moon cake loh! so, was it good? which "fruit" did you buy? Hey! the monkey is cute .. it would be great if you can put the dough in the oven and bake it.. not to eat but display like porcelain craft work!