Friday, December 15, 2006

Old Friends

Of late, I've gotten back in touch with 3 old friends. 2 from my secondary school days and 1 from my college days. Since Jen's passing, a few of us have made a promise to stay in touch. As I posted about one of our gatherings, I've always been one to try to be more proactive about meeting up with old friends. KCC told me that I could try looking up through the internet for one of my college friend's info as she's in the legal profession. True enough, I found her contact no., called her up and we met up not long after that. Turns out she stays in Section 17, a garden away from me! Gosh....we were so near yet so far, but at least we know now. When we met up, nothing much has changed, we are still the same in terms of character, though motherhood changed her life and "schedule" even as a she carries out her conveyancing work at home. So, if any of you out there need some conveyancing work done, ask me for her contact.

As for the the others, I bumped into my ex-classmate from my secondary school while I was walking around in Taman Connaught. I guess it was fate of some sort, I haven't been there for years and she was only there because she was not working yet but starting on her new job two days later. We chatted and I've been in touch with her on the phone and sms. Through her, I managed to get the contact of another friend of mine from the same school and we've been on the phone too. I'll be arranging for a meet up after my exams (Aaargh again, ha ha) The thing is that really, all 3 of these friends of mine and I just started talking like we weren't separated for all those years! Of course we have the usual, "What are you doing now?" kind of question but the closeness and familiarity are still there. We never raised the fact how and why we lost touch but are happy that we "found" each other once again. The oldest friend I have that I still keep in touch with was my kindergarten partner. I don't see her often but call her on her birthday (she's in Singapore) and meet up once in awhile when she's back here for holidays. Gees, I wonder what happened to the rest of my kindergarten schoolmates? What happened to us after our graduation day??? Ha ha ha....
Here's a snap of us October babies in my kindergarten class.....that's me, 2nd from the left at the bottom row (of course, I have to be near the cake! My love for food has been around since I was a baby! LOL..) Gosh! I was a lot tinier then. Those were my "lightweight" years, hee hee...Wow! I wonder what happened to the teachers. Look at those spectacles and outfits...groovy! ;op By the way, looking at this picture reminds me of another "lost" friend that I've been trying to locate. Her mom was either the headmistress or one of the teachers in my kindergarten! Wee Weng Chee, where in the world are you???? My last contact with her was when she was in California, USA. Who knows, maybe the internet can help me again. Well, I gotta go study a few chapters....sigh! Can't wait for the exam to be over and done with on Saturday!

Ah, how good it feels! The hand of an old friend. ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

8 comments:

backStreetGluttons said...

now I know already, u oso got classic posts !

Tummythoz said...

Cute-nya!

wmw said...

member, bsg (who's this??? tonixe?) what about team bsg??? I also? What do you mean? Who else are you saying got classic posts? Let me know, I would like to check it out too.

tummythoz : Thank you, I was cute then and still cute now, just bigger in size! LOL!

backStreetGluttons said...

of course talking bout wmw !

its true !

Anonymous said...

Hello Hello

My kindergarden photos got colour one woh... i'm just a few years younger than u... how come?
My oldest Friend will be Sharon&Cat... since 8 years old...
we are celebrating our 25 years anniversary next year in KL Hilton... dine in style and go spa and massage!!!

wmw said...

member bsg, what's true?

wow2, where got few years younger? 8 +25.....33! That's a great plan! Mmm...maybe I should plan one for my group, something along the same line.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, mine also in colour but I think the school pixs are in black and white esp the primary ones. It's nice to remember back to those good old days. Glad you found some old friends so you can catch up.

wmw said...

boo : Eh, I think you must be a lot younger than me. Yes, lovely memories indeed. Life was definitely so much more simpler. No bills to pay! Ha ha ha....