Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Flora Fest 2007 - Putrajaya, Part 2

Leaving my shaded place, I joined the many others on the street to take better shots of the parade. Even that had its own set of frustration; there were many photographers already out there and I had to make sure that I was not in the way of others. Sadly though, others were not as considerate and were in my way. Furthermore, there I was holding my tiny camera compared to those with gigantic cameras and some of them made it known through their actions that I was not "worthy" to be amongst them.
Melaka's - with its very own coconut tree!
Royal Malaysia Police band
Another shot of Penang's winning float
Selangor's fruity float
DBKL's troupe - I don't know the significance of why they were bouncing these giant balls!
Perak's
Some troupe members still looked so cool under the hot sun!
The heavily "guarded" Putrajaya float - maybe some ministers are in it?

I only took my shots after they were done with theirs and I was thankful enough that I manage to get some decent shots at the end of the day. Problem was, by the time the parade was over, I had a case of heat-stress and lost my appetite for lunch! (Can you imagine that???? Me? Losing my appetite?).
I wished I was dressed this cool and pushed around to watch the parade. Ha ha ha...
I felt like joining these two kids to cool off after the parade but I don't think I would look cute rolling around on the ground. I might just get apprehended by the police! LOL!

I drank a gazillion litre of water and couldn't finish my food. After reaching home and taking a shower, I crawled in bed and took a 3 hour nap! The heat only left me the next day and I felt much better since then. Oh, of course, I found my appetite too! Ha ha ha....

A flower's appeal is in its contradictions - so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect. ~ Adabella Radici

13 comments:

wonda said...

Hi,
You take very good pictures. Part of your job or hobby? I like the picture of the kids cooling off. Why don't you enter your photos in a competition?

wmw said...

Wonda! Thanks for dropping by....Thanks for the compliment. Photography's just my hobby, I picked it up sometime in July 2006. Never got round to entering photo competitions. Still not up to the same playing field with the big guns, I'm not using a DSLR, just a normal digicam.

KopiSoh said...

Agree with wonda, these are very impressive pictures, oso the parade itself was beyond what I had expected.

Precious Pea said...

The DBKL costumes very funny but i guess it should signify something isn't it? Anyway...hope you are getting well from the heat stroke. Still waiting for you KB post. * wink wink*

Kk said...

Decent shots !!!??? Those are some really good shots ! U ARE a very good photographer n u got the thing for good angles and colours. Planning to go PRO anytime ? ;)

That is one heck of a colourful festival. U guys sure know how to have a fun parade ! :)

Kk said...

haha., i just saw the above comments after I made my comment., guess everybody thinks the same as me ;)

wmw said...

firehorse:Thank you...Yes, the parade was nice. I love colours!

Precious Pea : 90% well. 10% still needs to soak in water. Ha ha ha...

kk : Hey there! Thanks for the praises. Going PRO will mean abandoning my tiny camera which I love to bits! Furthermore, once one takes the leap, you have all these lenses to buy, one after another ...I might be a homeless pro photographer! Ha ha ha...

backStreetGluttons said...

I was looking at the Malay Mail paper just now and thot omg their write up/pixs on thaipusam and vmy07 calendar for Feb2007 is child's play. is it any better in da Star or whatever ?

Shall I refer them to yr site ?

Then ask for RM50 a pix ok. U know what to do with that ok.

wmw said...

team bsg : Thanks. So "tae hey ngor"- look me up! ha ha ...

Anonymous said...

Eh, long time no leave any comment! Just to tell you that you got plenty compliments from mingy and he asked me to arrange somemore outings with you for future shoots. He says some of your pics better than those taken by some of those taken with dslr leh! Hehehe...he also wnats to go watch gamarjobat!

wmw said...

lyn: Thanks for the compliments ah!

Anonymous said...

what i want to know is that how the flowers lasted in that unbearable heat? you sure real one, ah? Maybe very high quality plastic?

wmw said...

Oh, there are conditions to the floats. Usage of flowers : Fresh, not less than 70%, Dried flowers, not more than 10% and not more than 20% of plants are other nature products.

Source from : http://202.157.188.226/consumer/pdf/vmy/flora_parade.pdf

So meaning no plastic flowers woh! Incredible!!!!!